Sunday, October 10, 2010

Historical Nuremberg

Nuremberg is a city with so much of history some good and some not. My work took me  to this beautiful city and I took the chance to soak in some of the local sights when I was there. 



The beautiful St. Lorenz church stood majestically in the old city center. The church dates back to the thirteen hundreds and of course it had been renovated after all the damage from all the wars including the second world war.


It was also the time of the year when the yearly Autumn market and the old town fair were happening in parallel.


It was a perfect occasion to sample the original Nürnberger Rostbratwurst (Nuremberg sausage) a small thin bratwurst from this city. Fresh majoram and ground caraway seeds give this sausage a very special taste indeed.


Unfortunately I had very little time on my hands but definitely need to go back there and explore this beautiful city in all its entirety.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful church!!.I remember, it was during Christmas we visited the Christmas Market of Nuremberg..It was very nice and would like to go there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Church! Reminds me of the one I saw in the Princeton University campus (unfortunately can't remember the name)... the architecture definitely looks similar.

    Nürnberger Rostbratwurst looks like something I would definitely want to sink my teeth into!

    ReplyDelete